- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or Mac nuts)
Cream honey and butter in large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Combine dry ingredients in small bowl; add to honey mixture -alternate with bananas, blending well. Stir in nuts.
Spoon batter into greased & floured 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
Bake in preheated 325°F oven 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes.